Our accounting and tax resolution firm helps individuals and businesses in the Portland, Maine and New England area solve their tax troubles. Tax Debt Assistance has over two decades of experience. We are committed to helping people get rid of their IRS nightmares.
Our certified tax resolution specialists can help you find the right solution to your tax debt problems including an offer in compromise, tax payment options, and innocent spouse relief. We can support you with payroll tax problems, non-filed tax returns, back taxes owed and other issues with the IRS.
Our office is in Portland, Maine. We offer a free tax analysis to review your case and explain your options.
Sean T. O’Hare, CPA, EA and CTRS
Sean O’Hare is a CPA, commercial finance advisor and tax resolution expert. He is the CEO of Tax Debt Assistance and O’Hare Associates Accounting Firm dedicated in helping individuals with tax debt and tax issue resolutions. He is also the founder and CEO of O’Hare Associates Capital Solutions, a leading commercial lending firm serving businesses throughout the United States. He has been a CPA for over 20 years and is known as New England’s go-to tax resolution expert.
Sean holds a Master’s Degree in Taxation from Thomas College, is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) as well as an Enrolled Agent (EA). He is also a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS), a National Tax Practice Institute (NTPI) Fellow, and a board certified credit consultant.
He earned his Associates in Business Administration from Schenectady County Community College, his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The College of Saint Rose, and his Master of Science in Taxation from Thomas College. Sean also completed courses in personal financial planning at Bentley College.
Sean is the author of Fighting Back: A Small Business Owners Guide to Winning the Battle with the IRS, 10 Most Expensive Tax Mistakes That Cost Business Owners Thousands, and Why Businesses Stop Growing and What You Can Do About It.
Sean is an active community member in the Portland, Maine region. He is the former Treasurer and President of the Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the former Treasurer of the Board of Directors at Southern Maine Community College. Sean also maintains his membership with several local organizations including the Greater Portland and Boston Chamber of Commerce, South Portland’s Buy Local, Water Front Market Association, and more.
When Sean is not leading his tax resolution firm, he enjoys running marathons, playing tennis, swimming, scuba diving, surfing, and spending time with his family.
Follow Sean T. O’Hare on Twitter for expert tax related advisory. You can also connect with him on his personal LinkedIn page.
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP)
- Greater Portland Chamber of Commerce
- Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Spring Point Lighthouse Board of Directors
- Water Front Market Association
- Buy Local – South Portland
- Former Treasurer and Former President of Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants (MECPA)
- Former Treasurer of the Board of Directors at Southern Maine Community College
- More For You: How To Eliminate Debt, Cut Your Taxes, And Prosper In The New Economy
- Fighting Back: A Small Business Owners Guide to Winning the Battle with the IRS
- 10 Most Expensive Tax Mistakes That Cost Business Owners Thousands
- Why Businesses Stop Growing and What You Can Do About It